The MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (EEM) has been surging over the last week after it broke out above its Fall trading range. Don't look now, but EEM is now outperforming the S&P 500-tracking SPY ETF in 2012. EEM is currently up 14.07% year to date versus a YTD gain of 14.02% for SPY.
As shown in the second chart below, emerging markets got off to a great start to the year but then fell apart during the eurozone crisis in the Spring and early Summer. As emerging markets faded in the middle part of the year, the US held up relatively well. In the fourth quarter, however, we've seen the US struggle while emerging markets have soared.
With just 5 basis points separating the two in terms of year-to-date performance, it's going to be a race to the finish line over the next two weeks.
Bespoke Premium offers unparalleled stock market research at an affordable price. Make money with access to our information -- our research is not presented as a lesson in abstract scholarship, but as profitable advice intended for investors looking to make a smart play or formulate a long term position in the market. You receive stock tips that count -- actionable, timely investment recommendations that are carefully selected with regard to market timing, fundamentals, technicals and economic forces.
Check out just a few examples of the types of reports that Bespoke Premium members receive each and every day:
- "Week in Review" newsletter (released each Friday)
- "The Death of Equities?"
- "Investors Love the USA"
- "How to Trade on Fed Days"
- "Investor Sentiment Crashes - Time to Buy?"
Members of Bespoke Premium also receive the following products -- all presented in the original and straightforward style for which Bespoke is renowned:
- Model Stock Portfolio
- Model ETF Portfolio
- The Bespoke 50-- Bespoke's 50 favorite growth stocks
- Trade of the Day
- Daily Earnings Triple Plays
- Top Stocks Under $10
- Weekly Bespoke Stock Scores
- Daily Market Timing Model
- Daily ETF Trend report
- Daily Bespoke Stock Odds
- Weekly Bespoke Sector Snapshot
- Earnings report and upgrade/downgrade trading tools
- Daily Morning Lineup market report
- B.I.G. Tips -- Graphic-rich market bulletins released throughout the day
- Comprehensive quarterly Earnings Calendar
- Weekly Bespoke Newsletter
- Weekly Earnings Estimate Revisions report
- The Bespoke International Revenues Database (yearly members only)
- Bi-Monthly Short Interest report
- Monthly Insider Buying report
- Monthly Bespoke Economic Indicators report
- Quarterly Strategy reports
- Ad hoc in-depth Market Studies